We believe engagement with arts and culture creates happier and healthier communities – and we work tirelessly to create that engagement.
Every year Anvil Arts – an independent educational charity – runs a large-scale community outreach, education and participation programme that allows all members of the community to engage with arts, culture, and creativity at no cost to themselves.
We work in schools, care homes, hospitals, shopping centres, and across the Borough of Basingstoke and Deane to deliver social outcomes such as:
- Increased attainment in our schools
- Raised aspirations
- Tackling isolation and loneliness
- Increased confidence
- Improved perceptions of where people live
- Improved wellbeing
- Stronger communities
Our projects, work and resources:
Our partnership with The Anvil has provided unique opportunities for the whole ability range of students to develop skills, both musical and personal, which have had an overwhelmingly positive and influential effect on them as individualsBasingstoke Secondary School
- We created 7,500 workshop places free of charge to participants
- 30,000 local children performed on our stage
- We provided opportunities to engage with contemporary music, classical music, world music, poetry, theatre, movement and dance
- We provided employment opportunities for over 20 cultural practitioners from across Hampshire