We believe engagement with arts and culture creates happier and healthier communities – and we work tirelessly to create that engagement.
We run community arts projects to actively engage with communities, simultaneously improving access to cultural possibilities and widening creative educational opportunities.
- Remove barriers to the cultural sector so that all members of the community can access culture and explore their creativity
- Create a stronger, more resilient, creative community within Basingstoke and Hampshire
- Improve creative and cultural education for all ages, and wider promote the building of skills within the sector
Our projects, work and resources:
Our partnership with The Anvil has provided unique opportunities for the whole ability range of students to develop skills, both musical and personal, which have had an overwhelmingly positive and influential effect on them as individualsBasingstoke Secondary School
- We created 8,642 workshop places free of charge to participants
- 30,000 local children performed on our stage
- We provided opportunities to engage with contemporary music, classical music, world music, poetry, theatre, movement and dance
- We provided employment opportunities for over 20 cultural practitioners from across Hampshire