Anvil Arts works with Basingstoke Consortium and EBP South to offer work experience to participating schools in the Basingstoke area. Students will work alongside the team to experience the Front of House operation of a venue. Students will gain skills in customer care and the delivery of a service that aims to delight and be above and beyond expectation.
For more information, please contact Basingstoke Consortium / EBP South directly.
In addition to work experience at our venues, our Community Engagement team is able to offer the following support for groups of all ages, including undergraduate, postgraduate and SEN groups:
- Tours of The Anvil
- Careers talks / lectures
- Mock interviews at The Anvil (either one to one or group interviews)
- Hybrid work experience projects. Students are invited to the building where they can have a first hand look at how a working venue runs. Students are then given a real work project brief to complete in groups with support from regular catch-up sessions with our Community Engagement Manager.
Please let us know if there are any other ways in which we can support those who are interested in a career in the Arts.
Short Term Work Placements
There are spaces for students from colleges and universities to join us as Creative Assistants and to take part in the planning, delivery and evaluation of some of our projects.
Opportunities take place in and out of term time and during the week and at weekends. As part of your placement you will:
- Work in schools, care settings or at The Musication Station
- Be supported by professional musicians
- Act as mentors for younger students
- Assist with delivery to groups of all ages
- Learn how to invoice for your expenses and other important ways to conduct yourself in a professional setting
These roles are unpaid (as they are learning opportunities) but your travel expenses will be paid if you are travelling within Hampshire or parts of Berkshire and Surrey.
If you are interested then please get in touch for further information, but we will need to correspond with a representative from your college/university.