Anvil Arts is an Arts Awards supporter and Artsmark partner. This means we are able to help groups in completing their Arts Awards (but we do not run our own sessions). Our Community Engagement Manager is an Advisor, so can deliver individual sessions discussing how Arts organisations are run.
We are also able to support schools who are on their Artsmark journey with our partner offer.
Our Arts Award Supporter Offer Includes:
- Six hours of time from a trained and experienced member of our team – this can be used for delivering sessions directly, providing tours or talks at The Anvil, or helping with planning your own sessions
- Advice and support throughout your delivery of the Arts Award, from Discover to Silver levels
- Assisting with administration to the delivery of your Arts Award
- Support with writing your Statement of Commitment and Statement of Impact
- Advice on how to embed the Quality Principles
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW...
Location: Schools within the borough of Basingstoke and Deane
Suitable for: KS2 upwards / SEN groups
No. spaces per cohort: Up to around 90 - 100
What children will explore: New artforms, researching arts activities and venues, creating, sharing and presenting their work
Benefits for teachers: Great for supporting Artsmark journeys, introduces a range of arts subjects, supports confidence-building, and offers a qualification for young people to add to their experience and portfolio
Cost: Trinity College applies charges for arts logs and submitting work for moderating
BONUS: Young people will gain a Arts Award qualification (Explore upwards)
For more details: Visit artsaward.org.uk
Running the Arts Award can help support your Artsmark status and can contribute to your cultural capital when being reviewed by Ofsted.
Get in touch with us if you are interested in learning more about the Arts Award. It can introduce Arts and culture to young people in a new and exciting way that does not necessarily involve performance. It also allows them to adapt projects in a way that suits them.
Artsmark is the only creative quality standard for schools and other education settings. It is accredited by Arts Council England and can support Ofsted inspections.
For more information, visit artsmark.org.uk.
Our Partner Offer
Your Artsmark journey will be unique to your school and your students, which is why Anvil Arts is at hand to provide bespoke support.
When writing your Statement of Commitment Anvil Arts can:
- Advise on how to embed the Quality Principles in your offer
- Bring The World at Large (our primary schools project) to your school
- Offer a workshop from one of our visiting companies either at your school or our venue
- Support with Arts Award
- Proofreading your Statement of Impact
If you want to talk to someone about how Anvil Arts can support your school or setting, then please contact our Community Engagement Manager Flis Pitman email@example.com.
To find out more about how your setting can start its Artsmark journey, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.