Anvil Arts is a registered charity and an Arts Council England National Portfolio Organisation.
We legitimately collect and process personal data to allow the organisation to manage and keep records of the recruitment process.
Information we collect:
We collect and process the personal data and information that you provide relating to your job application. This includes information provided via email, other correspondence and in person at interviews including:
- your name, address, and contact details including email address, and telephone number
- details of your education, qualifications, experience, and information related to employment history, skills and experience you provide to us, as well as your video in the case of Video Applications or interviews
- whether or not you have a disability or learning difference that you would like to make us aware of
- any reasonable adjustments or assistance required during the recruitment process or to enable you to attend an interview
- information about your entitlement to work in the UK – from passport or identity documents
- Equal Opportunities monitoring information, including information about your gender, disability status, age, ethnicity
- a record of your progress through the recruitment process
Information we collect from other sources:
The organisation will also collect personal data about you from third parties such as :
- References supplied by present, recent or former employers or an alternative referee supplied by you in relation to work, voluntary or academic capacity.
- Information from criminal records checks through the Disclosure and Barring Service – where legally necessary and relevant to the role. Details will be provided separately to you upon appointment.
The organisation will only seek information from third parties following an interview and once a job offer has been made, and it will inform you that it is doing so.
The organisation will not transfer your data outside the UK.
Why do we process personal data?
The organisation needs to process data to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you. It also needs to process your data to enter into a contract with you.
In some cases, the organisation needs to process data to ensure that it is complying with its legal obligations. For example, it is required to check a successful applicants eligibility to work in the UK before employment starts.
Data Integrity, security, and decision making
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data to the organisation during the recruitment process. However, if you do not provide the information, the organisation may not be able to process your application properly or at all.
Our recruitment processes are not based on automated decision-making. All applications are shortlisted by more than one person without the front pages containing personal details attached.
We provide you with the option to consent on the final page of the application form and separately for references.
How long we keep your personal data
If your application is unsuccessful, we will keep your personal data on file for a period of 6 months after the end of the relevant recruitment process. This is in the legitimate interests of the organisation and in case there are future employment opportunities for which you may be suited. At the end of that period (or once you withdraw your consent), your data is deleted or securely destroyed.
The organisation asks for your consent before it keeps your data for this purpose and you are fee to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your personnel file and retained during your employment.
Your rights - Access to information
You have the right to see what information we hold about you via a data Subject Access Request.
Please contact The Information Controllerrecruitment@anvilarts.org.ukwho will be in touch to gain the relevant identification from you and will then provide results of your access request within one calendar month.
Changes to this Policy
Who to contact
Information Controller – Anvil Arts